This is Ye! I am a postdoctoral researcher at Software and Societal Systems (S3D) of Carnegie Mellon University, advised by Prof. Claire Le Goues.
Prior to that, I completed my Ph.D. degree in February 2023 at KTH Royal Institute of Technology where I was fortunate to be advised by Prof. Martin Monperrus, Prof. Benoit Baudry, and co-supervised by Prof. Matias Martinez. My research interests include AI4SE, software testing, analysis, and trustworthy software construction. Particularly, my research focuses on automatic program repair and deep learning techniques for source code usage. My PhD research is funded by Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP).
I was fortunate to visit The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) from October 2021 to April 2022. It was a fruitful experience to be advised by Prof. Daniel Xiapu Luo.
Previously, I attended Sichuan University in China to obtain my BSc degree in software engineering and University of Tampere in Finland to obtain my MSc degree in 2016 in computer science advised by adjunct Prof. Zheying Zhang.
More in Google Scholar.
- [ICSE 2024] He Ye, and Martin Monperrus. ITER: Iterative Neural Repair for Multi-Location Patches. Accepted to the 46th International Conference on Software Engineering, 2024.[Paper] [Data]
- [ASE 2023 Industry Challenge] He Ye, Zimin Chen, Claire Le Goues. PreciseBugCollector: Extensible, Executable and Precise Bug-fix Collection. Accepted to the 38th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) Industry Challenge Competition, 2023. Distinguished Paper Award 🏆
- [ASE 2022] He Ye, Matias Martinez, Xiapu Luo, Tao Zhang, and Martin Monperrus. SelfAPR: Self-supervised Program Repair with Test Execution Diagnostics. In Proceedings of the 37th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering. Article 92, pages 1–13, 2022. [Paper] [Code]
- [ICSE 2022] He Ye, Matias Martinez, and Martin Monperrus. Neural Program Repair with Execution-based Backpropagation. In Proceedings of the 44th International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 1506–1518, 2022. [Paper] [Code]
- [TSE 2022, FSE 2022 Journal-first] He Ye, Jian Gu, Matias Martinez, Thomas Durieux and Martin Monperrus. Automated Classification of Overfitting Patches With Statically Extracted Code Features. In IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 48, no. 8, pages 2920-2938. 2022. [Paper][Code]
- [EMSE 2021, FSE 2021 Journal-first] He Ye, Matias Martinez, and Martin Monperrus. Automated Patch Assessment for Program Repair at Scale. Empirical Software Engineering, Volume 26, No. 2, 38 pages, 2021. [Paper] [Code]
- [JSS 2021] He Ye, Matias Martinez, Thomas Durieux, Martin Monperrus. A Comprehensive Study of Automatic Program Repair on the QuixBugs Benchmark. Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Volume 171, 2021. [Paper] [Code]
- email: hey[AT]cs[DOT]cmu[DOT]edu
Please checkout my general research interest in the following video:
- KAW Postdoctoral Scholarship Program with CMU 2023-2025 of $145,000.
- The National Supercomputer Centre (NSC) in Sweden: Berzelius-2023-175.
Master Thesis Supervision
- Johan Luttu. Hidden Costs and Opportunities of Kotlin versus Java on Android Runtime. 2020.
- Abgeiba Yaroslava Isunza Navarro. Evaluation of Attention Mechanisms for Just-In-Time Software Defect Prediction. 2020.
- Ziyi Xiang. Java Syntax Error Repair Using RoBERTa. 2022.
Teaching Assistant at KTH
- DD1393 Software Engineering (2018,2019,2020)
- DD1334 Database Technology (2019)
- DD2480 Software Engineering Fundamentals (2018,2019,2020)
- DD2482 Automated Software Testing and DevOps (2019,2020,2021)
- DA2210 Introduction to the Philosophy of Science and Research Methodology for Computer Scientists (2018, 2019, 2020)
I will always be grateful to my supervisors: Martin, Benoit and Matias, and to my jury committees:
Prof. Baishakhi Ray (Columbia University),
Prof. Nicole Novielli (University of Bari),
Prof. Robert Feldt (Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg),
Prof. Sergey Mechtaev (University College London).
Thank you all for making it happen!